How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ely Your Own Question
Ely, Counselor at Law
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 3163
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Ely is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

hello i have a marijuana for personal use charge in pennsylvania

Customer Question

hello i have a marijuana for personal use charge in pennsylvania in 2003 and it will not allow me to purchase a fire arm what lengths do i need to persue to obtain my american 2nd amendment right?
Submitted: 6 years ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Brandon M. replied 6 years ago.
Hello there:

I would presume that it was a misdemeanor conviction, is that correct?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.



Expert:  Brandon M. replied 6 years ago.
Last question: have you actually been denied a purchase at this point, or are you merely anticipating trouble when you go to make a purchase?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
oh boy ive been on the phone for days bought and payed for gun in california where i live this o3 marijuana charge is holding it up have copy of rap sheet been told i need a govenerors pardon which will take three years but yes purchased gun denied did live scan nothin but this pot charge came up
Expert:  Brandon M. replied 6 years ago.
I'm going to refer this one over to one of our other experts for the final answer. Thank you for your patience.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

ok thank you sir there must be some way to get around this mabe a certificate of relief or something? thanks!


Related Criminal Law Questions