How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 118649
Experience:  Attorney with over 20 years law enforcement, prosecution, civil rights and defense experience
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Im a chronic alcoholic. I got arrested for OUI and fulfilled

Resolved Question:

Im a chronic alcoholic. I got arrested for OUI and fulfilled all the commitments for one that does so. I didnt go back for my license. I have been to jail,halfway houses and 30 day treatment facilities.I manage to put time together between slips and have a GREAT Church and Churchbody. This last time my probation officer showed at my house I was drunk and she put me in a 30 day program. We own our own home and my husband has a 17 year medallion in AA coming in a few weeks. My problem is my probation officer wants me in a halfway house and is stating I am a danger to myself and others. This is not true but Im not sure how to express it. I have a new heart valve and my po has given me 3 days to get a letter from my cardiologist. Impossible. I have a nice positive letter from this last 30 day program that indicates no concern of staying at home. My PO threatened to hold me until a letter is produced from the cardiologist. I feel violated but dont know where to turn. I would highly appreciate any direction to turn to.I am suspect to this whole deal. Thankyou Patricia from Massachusetts
Submitted: 6 years ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 6 years ago.
Unfortunately, if you have continuously violated your probation and your probation officer found you were intoxicated on their visit, the probation officer has a choice, she could revoke your probation and have you sent to jail or have you sent to a treatment program. She has chosen the more humane and least severe punishment for violating your probation. If you refuse to cooperate, then she can put you in jail for your probation violation. If you force this issue, which you can do by getting your attorney to go to court and object, the court could likely order you to jail instead of the program, so you are taking chances here.

I hope you found my answer helpful, please click on the GREEN ACCEPT button above for my answer. This is necessary for me to be paid for my work and so that I can get credit for assisting you. Your question will not close, and you will still have the opportunity to follow-up if needed. Leaving a bonus and positive feedback is not required, but doing so is certainly appreciated!

If you have additional questions, please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. Please consider that I am answering the question or question that is posed in your posting based upon my reading of your post and sometimes misunderstandings can occur. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.

There can also be a delay of an hour or more in between my answers because I may be helping other customers or taking a break.

You can always request me through my profile at or beginning your question with “For PaulMJD…”

Law Educator, Esq. and 4 other Criminal Law Specialists are ready to help you