How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Zoey_ JD Your Own Question
Zoey_ JD
Zoey_ JD, JustAnswer Criminal Law Mentor
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 26844
Experience:  Admitted to NYS Criminal defense bar in 1989. Extensive arraignment, hearing, trial experience.
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Zoey_ JD is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

A young hard working female parolee friend has been arrested

Resolved Question:

A young hard working female parolee friend has been arrested on "suspition" of dui or carrying by a male police officer to whom she has been unresponsive following a string of sexual advances and voicemals left by him on her cellphone in past weeks. While in detention he erased all the voicemails on her cellphone thinking he was covering his tracks. She was scheduled for release on May 2nd but for some reason is now being transfered to Chowchila after spending a week in Elmwood following the checkpoint search and seizure by the SAME arresting officer. She was detained and her van impounded all without charges or evidence! But her "contact with an officer" through no fault of her own is now a separate perole violation I'm told. Her detention also caused her to miss a court hearing date in Palo Alto...another mark against her. She says she save the voicemails to her email (verizon would have a permanent record anyway). She swears by her story but because of technical violations of the terms of her parole she's looking at 1 to 5. It's snowballing (I guess timing is everything) but most importantly... it's wrong! Please call me at XXX-XXX-XXXX if you can help. -Tyler
Submitted: 6 years ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Zoey_ JD replied 6 years ago.
Hello Jacustomer,

I agree with you that this is wrong, but you are not going to be able to handle this matter for your friend. The quickest way to get these allegations looked into is to contact her lawyer. He would be able to talk directly to the court and prosecutor, which you can't. He could hold off the imposition of any sentence while the state investigates these allegations, which you can't. He would also be able to arrange to subpoena any phone records.

I would urge you to contact him/her and let him check out the story. As an officer of the court, if the lawyer goes to the authorities and says that he has reason to believe this story, he will be taken at face value. And he will see to it that the correct people get the news.

If you know what court the case was pending in you could call the clerk of the court and get name and phone number of her lawyer to start the ball rolling.

Good luck!

Zoey_ JD and 8 other Criminal Law Specialists are ready to help you