How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask AttorneyTom Your Own Question
AttorneyTom, Lawyer
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 9176
Experience:  Attorney
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
AttorneyTom is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Our daughter got a DUI in Oklahoma, can she apply for a lost

Resolved Question:

Our daughter got a DUI in Oklahoma, can she apply for a lost liscense in south Dakota and drive legally?
Submitted: 6 years ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  AttorneyTom replied 6 years ago.
Unfortunately, each state generally recognizes the license suspensions of other states pursuant to the Driver's License Compact. Oklahoma and South Dakota are both part of the Compact.
However, SD does permit an individual to apply for a restricted license. That said, the state may require her to totally abstain from alcohol to have such a license.
The application form is at the link below.
AttorneyTom and 3 other Criminal Law Specialists are ready to help you