How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Daniel Solutions Your Own Question
Daniel Solutions
Daniel Solutions, Criminal Defense Lawyer
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 9934
Experience:  over 20 years of legal and professor of law experience
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Daniel Solutions is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I was recently granted a order of dismissal of my felonies

Customer Question

I was recently granted a order of dismissal of my felonies also an am told my gun rights are not restored under 1203.4 or 1203.4a ,so my question is how do I restore these rights or can I for that matter, FYI my convictions were possession of stolen property 2 counts! Thank you....
Submitted: 6 years ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Daniel Solutions replied 6 years ago.

Thank you for allowing us to assist you with this problem.


In order to own and/or possess a firearm, both your California criminal history record and your Federal criminal history record need to be clear of any prohibitive offenses.



For those misdemeanor convictions which result in the loss of guns rights, those rights are restored automatically after 10 years, subject to two major exceptions. Convictions for certain firearm misdemeanors, for example some brandishing and discharge offenses, impose a lifetime prohibition. Also, a California misdemeanor conviction deemed to be “domestic violence” under Federal law currently results in denial for life.

Possession of stolen property alone without anything else should not prevent you from being able to poss so I suggest you talk with your prior attorney to make sure there isn't anything else.