How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 118248
Experience:  Attorney with over 20 years law enforcement, prosecution, civil rights and defense experience
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am married to a retired chief in the navy of 25yrs and been

Customer Question

I am married to a retired chief in the navy of 25yrs and been together for 301/2yrs, been seprated for one year. He had signed a paper stating that he would give me 800 dollars a month since last August of 2010. AN now that I wont agree to sign his Swperation papers that says I get nothing he has cut me off financially . I work at a temp job due to physical problems and my nerves, since he left me with raising 5 grandkids and a house and no job. I went to see a lawyer and she said that I could use my own SSA papers and get him to sign so I could get my monies coming to me from military and alomoney, but I cant come up with 800 dollars right away, I need help What should I do I took the paper to the magistrate and he said its no good without a judge ordering it , but I know that the money from the Navy I should get at least. Now I have no cash I am hocking my jewelry whats left and trying to come up with it . should I go to Legal Aide or what would my best defense recourse be at this time? Thank YOu Desperate Patricia
Submitted: 6 years ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 6 years ago.
Yes, you need to go to legal aid if you cannot afford an attorney and you need to do so as soon as possible and legal aid can get to court and file your petition for divorce together with a motion for temporary support and they will attach the signed agreement you have to that motion for temporary support to get the court to issue the order of support to you. The attorney will also work to prepare the papers needed to attach your share of his pension and also health benefits.

I hope you found my answer helpful, please click on the GREEN ACCEPT button above for my answer. This is necessary for me to be paid for my work and so that I can get credit for assisting you. Your question will not close, and you will still have the opportunity to follow-up if needed. Leaving a bonus and positive feedback is not required, but doing so is certainly appreciated!

If you have additional questions, please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. Please consider that I am answering the question or question that is posed in your posting based upon my reading of your post and sometimes misunderstandings can occur. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.

There can also be a delay of an hour or more in between my answers because I may be helping other customers or taking a break.

You can always request me through my profile at or beginning your question with “For PaulMJD…”