Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

Criminal Law

I live in oklahoma, I was previously on a 3 year deferred sentence

Customer Question
but my sentence was finished...
I live in oklahoma, I was previously on a 3 year deferred sentence but my sentence was finished one year ago can I legally own a firearm?
Submitted: 6 years ago.Category: Criminal Law
5/2/2011
Criminal Lawyer: Lucy, Esq., Lawyer replied 6 years ago
Lucy, Esq., Lawyer

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I'd be happy to answer your questions today.

Were there a conviction actually entered against you? What was the offense?
No actual conviction. 1 felony possession cds, 1 misdemeanor possession cds
Thank you.

If you weren't actually convicted of a felony, you can still possess or own a firearm under state federal law, as long as you are no longer on probation. So, if the case is all done, and there's no conviction on file, you can have a gun.
Lucy, Esq., Lawyer