How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Samuel II Your Own Question
Samuel II
Samuel II, Attorney at Law
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 27011
Experience:  Handle criminal matters in both state and federal courts.
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Samuel II is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

i purchased a couple of air conditioners from a guy who scraps

This answer was rated:

i purchased a couple of air conditioners from a guy who scraps metal in my area , for $50 each i in return put these items on craigslist for sale at $300 each someone whom was apparently robbed of of his air conditioner found an item i was selling saying it was his property, the police came to my house questioned me , took the the AC units and later returned to arrest me , i am being charged with "Dealing in stolen property" i am out on $5000 bond /bail ..................................i do have a previous dui felony arrest in 1992 (there was no accident or anything like that) .................................what do you think will be the outcome of my case , i did not steal the AC units !!! this took place a few days ago in Pasco county ,Florida .............I am 40 yrs. old recently married and not a bad guy!!!! thanks ERIK



The State will need to prove beyond a reasonable doubt that you had knowledge that the AC's were stolen property. It seems to me, without that evidence, the charges should be dismissed.


It may be that you will want to consider an Alford Plea, where you do not admit guilt but agree the Prosecutor could have enough evidence to convict. That evidence is the mere fact that you were in possession of stolen property.


If you agree to a Plea, you would be placed on probation since this is essentially your first criminal offense.



If you have further questions, you may post them here and i will continue to assist. Otherwise, even if you have a subscription with JA please remember to ACCEPT my answer as that is the only way I can get credit for my time and information in this matter. Thank you and Good luck

Samuel II and 4 other Criminal Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
another quick question , what are my chances of getting a decent deal with a public defender ? what kind of percentage of a better outcome would you say exists with a private attorney(wich I cannot afford )????? ERIK



It is the same. A public defender is an attorney, and a hard working public servant. They are just as dedicated to justice being served.