Zoey_ JD
Zoey_ JD, JustAnswer Criminal Law Mentor
Experience:  Admitted to NYS Criminal defense bar in 1989. Extensive arraignment, hearing, trial experience.
18321761

What does it mean if you are on a differed sentence and you

What does it mean if you are on a differed sentence and you are given a piece of pink paper that says you are having your case dismissed on the count 6? What does count 6 mean?
My husband was on a three years differed sentence. He was found guilty on the counts of 4 and 6. Could you please clarify specifically what this means? Thank you
Hello Jacustomer,

When a defendant is charged with multiple offenses, each one is listed separately on the information or indictment as a "count"

In your case, your husband apparently was found guilty of the 4th and the 6th listed counts. I don't know what those are, but you could find it on the criminal court information and count 6 would be the 6th one listed there. That charge is being dismissed.

That's a good thing!