Alex J. Esq.
Alex J. Esq., Attorney at Law
Experience:  Experienced Licensed Attorney / Criminal Law Mentor
26296561

My daughter is in trouble and the police are looking to arrest

Customer Question

My daughter is in trouble and the police are looking to arrest her for bodily injury to her son. She has been under alot of stress due to no help from the baby daddy. She has to do all the cooking and cleaning, taking care of the baby & and the baby daddy does not do anything to help. He says it not his place to do these thing because he works outside the house. She was very stressed the day it happened, the baby was very fussy and she threw the baby on the couch causing him to get a cut on his head. She has never been in trouble before. What do you think may happen.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Alex J. Esq. replied 6 years ago.
Hello. My name is Alex and I will be glad to help you.

It is likely that your daughter will be charged with some type of child abuse.

It is also a possibility that the child will be taken away from her (at least temporary) and placed in the state's care.

I would suggest that you consult with an experienced local criminal attorney and also would not make any further statements to the police. Anything that you are telling the police can and will be used against your daughter.

If you are satisfied with my answer, I would appreciate if you would click on the accept button.
Please keep in mind if you already made a deposit or on a monthly subscription plan you will not incur any additional charges, but I will only be compensated for my time and effort only if you click on ACCEPT.
Bonus and Positive Feedback are always appreciated. Thank you and good luck!