How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Roger Your Own Question
Roger, Lawyer
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 31692
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Roger is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Im not sure this qualifies for criminal law but Ill explain

Resolved Question:

I'm not sure this qualifies for criminal law but I'll explain my problem. I live in a condo assn and a woman Ive been friendly with, has started 'bad mouthing' me. I've had friends tell me that she is making statements about me that are absolutely untrue. The only way that I can think of to stop her viscious gossip is to sue. Can that be done? Defamation of character, slander, character assassination?
Submitted: 6 years ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Roger replied 6 years ago.
Hi - my name is XXXXX XXXXX I'm a Criminal Law litigation attorney here to assist you.

Yes, this isn't really a criminal law matter - instead, it's a civil case for defamation of character (libel and slander) if this person is knowingly making false statements about you and passing it off as true.

You can also get a restraining order to stop her from continuing her actions.
Roger and other Criminal Law Specialists are ready to help you

Related Criminal Law Questions