How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dwayne B. Your Own Question
Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Lawyer
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 33555
Experience:  Numerous criminal trials ranging from traffic to murder, practicing Criminal Law for 20+ years.
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Dwayne B. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a brother who has a history of mental problems that

Resolved Question:

I have a brother who has a history of mental problems that is in prison for several charges, In this matter getting these charges off of him is impossible if not stupid for trying because he is guilty 100% but i think it was caused by his mental behavior. Now that he is in prison he is getting mistreated, he is depress and not getting his medication that he needs to help ease his mind and on top of all things they are violating visitation rights for some reason is unknown and the Worden is not saying the reason why. They are also not giving him the proper medical care he needs. He sent his own claim in but i like to know if i should take extra measures to get this resolved
Submitted: 6 years ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 6 years ago.
It definitely is easier for someone on the outside to get help than it is for someone in prison. He has access to very little in the way of advocacy since most of the people he will complain to are employed by the prison system. You may want to consider talking to a civil rights lawyer and see if they can assist, since what is happening is equivalent to a denial of his civil rights.

You can find a lawyer in your state that does civil rights law at

Thank you for allowing me to assist you. As you know, we work on the honor system here and cannot always provide you answers that you like. I believe I have answered all of the questions you asked so I would request that you please click the ACCEPT button so I receive credit for my work and leave feedback if you have a chance. Please consider clicking "BONUS" as a nice way of saying "thanks" for a job well done, although this is neither required nor expected. I believe in giving information that is to the point, but please remember that I can only base our answers on the information you provide and sometimes a misunderstanding as to what you are looking for or already know occurs so feel free to ask additional questions or for clarifications. Please be aware that my answer is not legal advice, it is merely information. You should always contact a local attorney for legal advice.

Several customers have asked how they direct a question to me in particular. If you specifically want me to provide information for you just put “FOR JD 1992” in the subject line and I will pick up the next time I am online.
Dwayne B. and other Criminal Law Specialists are ready to help you