How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Zoey_ JD Your Own Question
Zoey_ JD
Zoey_ JD, JustAnswer Criminal Law Mentor
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 27705
Experience:  Admitted to NYS Criminal defense bar in 1989. Extensive arraignment, hearing, trial experience.
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Zoey_ JD is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

The demand letter did notwork. This is the sign I want to

Customer Question

The demand letter did notwork. This is the sign
I want to display

Good Ole Boy’s System in TOWN

When my 11 yr old daughter

Told her tutor NAME

An NAME Science Teacher that

NAME father grabbed her

Buttocks twice during a lesson,

NAME refused to report the abuse

even though TEACHERS are

mandated to do so.

When my daughter filed a police

Sworn statement that


NAME touched her buttocks

The State Attorney refused to

File charges

Reports Available HERE
Submitted: 6 years ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Zoey_ JD replied 6 years ago.

The law as to this is the same as the law as to the handouts you were thinking of and the potential risks and consequences to yourself are the same as well. As this appears to be something you still need to do, I can't tell you anything more than what you already know. That is, while truth is a defense to libel, the names you would mention can report this as harassment and the signs would be taken down. YOu could also find yourself on the end of a restraining order.

While you'd have an argument that this is Constitutionally protected speech, you can still be faced with a criminal offense you'd have to deal with.

Good luck, whatever you do with this.

-Could you explain your situation a little more?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I would not put signs up

I want to stand at our only main street corner, where I have already ask the City if I would need a permit to do, and they said no.

I want to hold the poster between the hrs of 4-5 pm. Mon - Wed -Fri for one week

If I need to, I can do it when I know for sure all the parties are out of town.

I want our community to know they swept it under the carpet!

Thanks for your patience!!!! I want vindication for my little girl, and this is the only thing I have left!

Expert:  Zoey_ JD replied 6 years ago.

Understood. The law still is what we spoke of in the beginning. So all I can do is to wish you good luck! If you think about it, let me know how it goes.
Zoey_ JD and other Criminal Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
You cannot get a restraining order in my county unless 2 separate incidents have occurred. We were told to get one against him, but when we went to do so, this is what we were told.

They know I have nothing to sue for and would waste their time and money.

The Sheriffs Captain told me I had every right to do this and he said
when they call to complain, that is what their office is prepared to tell them.

The truth is the truth and the Police Narratives and State Atty. letters are public record.
Therefore I am comfortable with my plans. They could have saved their reputations for $7,500.

Thanks for all your help.
Expert:  Zoey_ JD replied 6 years ago.

Correct. As long as it's the truth it would appear to be protected speech.

Good luck!