How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Samuel II Your Own Question
Samuel II
Samuel II, Attorney at Law
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 27011
Experience:  Handle criminal matters in both state and federal courts.
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Samuel II is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am a 27 year old married female, and ever since I moved into

Resolved Question:

I am a 27 year old married female, and ever since I moved into the city where I live now I have been very uncomfortable with the police. I live with my husband and 2 kids. Very often I notice marked police vehicles and city vehicles driving past my home very slowly and looking directly inside, writing things down, etc. Sometimes they even back up and pull forward again. This is concerning me because there is a strong consensus in this city that the police are often quite brutal and even dishonest (trumping up charges, etc). There is nothing going on at my home--never anyone here, no parties or noise that would suggest criminal activity or disturbances of any kind. We have had one incident with the police, that was last summer when (in my husband's care), our dog briefly got loose. He ran into the street, where a man on a bicycle hit him. Both the man and dog were fine, the bike had some damage to the front spoke. We exchanged information with the man, agreed to reimburse him for any damage to his bike, and we all agreed to file a police report to have it on record, which we did. We never heard anything from the man (he worked at a bike shop and just fixed it we found out later) but a few weeks later the police showed up at our home and arrested my husband for dog at large and another 2nd degree misdeamnor with no warning or summons. They attempted to fine us 2K, $1,000 for each charge (which is against state law here, max fine for a 2nd degree mis is supposed to be $750), and I had to bail him out of jail. We had to hire a lawyer and battle with them for awhile just to get out of it. Despite how it sounds, there is no more to the story they really are that desperate for money here. Anyway, I want it on record that I feel they are paying unnecessary attention to me and my home and that it makes me uncomfortable. I'm also very unspoken against the current mayor who is up for re-election this fall and I wonder if this has something to do with it. How can I get this on record in case something happens? Can I file a police report against the police?
Submitted: 6 years ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Samuel II replied 6 years ago.



If you feel you are being harassed or stalked by your local police and, obviously, you cannot go to the Mayor or city council, then I suggest you contact the Department of Justice and file a complaint. The DOJ is responsible for investigating such activities for any illegal activity. And, if you feel that this is because you are politically outspoken, be sure to tell them that.

Here is that information


If you have further questions, you may post them here and i will continue to assist. Otherwise, even if you have a subscription with JA please remember to ACCEPT my answer as that is the only way I can get credit for my time and information in this matter. Thank you and Good luck


Samuel II and 2 other Criminal Law Specialists are ready to help you