How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Hammer O'Justice Your Own Question
Hammer O'Justice
Hammer O'Justice, Criminal Lawyer
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 4488
Experience:  Almost 12 years of legal experience, primarily in criminal law
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Hammer O'Justice is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

About 35 years ago I got pick up for shoplifting over a $2.00

This answer was rated:

About 35 years ago I got pick up for shoplifting over a $2.00 Dog chain that keep falling through my cart at the store, and I put it in my purse and forgot about it when I check out and the manager stoped me at the door and called the cops, he was young and wouldn't lisson to me at all, so I went to the police department and they fingerprinted me and let me call my husband, in the minetime our next door neighbor was the chief of Police and he called down to the police staton and the let me go, I didn't have to go to court he took care of it. But my big problem is that I didn't know about getting my record cleand up and according to the police department I had 5 years to do so, so now I have a record from my fingerprints and I don't know what to do. The job I have now is requiring me to get fingerprinted, and I'm afraid that I will loose this good job, I have never been in toruble since, only 1 speeding ticket and that is it, please advise. Thank you Shaon

You can petition the Superior Court in your jurisdiction to seal the arrest.

If you contact the clerk's office in the Superior Court, they likely have a pre-printed application for expungement/record sealing so that you don't have to generate a new petition on your own.
Hammer O'Justice and 4 other Criminal Law Specialists are ready to help you

Related Criminal Law Questions