How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Roger Your Own Question
Roger, Lawyer
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 31675
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Roger is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My son was cited for public urination 3/1/11. His court date

Resolved Question:

My son was cited for public urination 3/1/11. His court date is in April. He is to leave 3/18/11 to Thailand for two months on a mission trip with his church. He was not intoxicated. What can he do?
Submitted: 6 years ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Roger replied 6 years ago.
Hi - my name is XXXXX XXXXX I'm a Criminal Law litigation attorney here to assist you.

He can file a motion to continue the matter until he returns from his trip. Because this is a minor offense, and there is no bond or restriction on him, this should be no problem.

However, he needs to request the continuance as soon as possible by contacting the court clerk. They should have a form he can fill out to get this done.
Roger and 3 other Criminal Law Specialists are ready to help you