How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Samuel II Your Own Question
Samuel II
Samuel II, Attorney at Law
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 27011
Experience:  Handle criminal matters in both state and federal courts.
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Samuel II is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My fianc e is incarcerated in SCI Huntingdon, PA, the original

Customer Question

My fiancée is incarcerated in SCI Huntingdon, PA, the original charges were thief and forgery, he received 1 ½ to 9 years in 3-2000 in Franklin County. He was paroled, had a few Technical Parole Violations and was re-turned to prison a few times but no new charges. However, in 7-2005 he received 3 DUI’s, 2 were in Adams County and 1 in Franklin County. He was to service the 2 Adams County sentencing first, 3 days to 6 months each, 8-22-05 to 8-22-06. Franklin County sentence he was paroled after 2 days. The court Paroled Order was signed 6-29-06 but was effective 2-17-06. The Board used the date of 6-29-06 when they pulled his street time added the street time to 6-29-06 date making his new Max about 4 ½ months longer than it should be. My fiancée tried writing to the Board in 2006 without success. Now that he is near his incorrect Max date of 10-14-11 we would like to get this corrected. I calculated the real Max date at around 7-15-11. I called the Board in Harrisburg asking for an appointment, I would take a day off and drive there so that someone could take ½ to a 1 hour to review the few documents see that there is an error and get it corrected. I was told I could not make an appointment with anyone, that no-one at the Board would talk to me; they don’t deal with the public. The lady I spoke further advised even if I write they will not respond to me, they don’t have to. Is this correct, can the Board refuse to see me? Is there anywhere I can go to get help to get this corrected quickly?
Submitted: 6 years ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Samuel II replied 6 years ago.



The Parole Board does not have to grant interviews with anyone but a victim. It is totally at their discretion to or not.


However, you can write and request an interview.


I suggest that you may want to instead contact the Department of Corrections and speak to someone in the "Committment" office. They are the ones who maintain the records and pass them on to the the Parole Board. So even if you were to see a member of the Board, they probably would not be able to assist you.


If you have further questions, you may post them here and i will continue to assist. Otherwise, even if you have a subscription with JA please remember to ACCEPT my answer as that is the only way I can get credit for my time and information in this matter. Thank you and Good luck