Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

Criminal Law

WHAT DO THESE CHARGE CODES MEAN? 529.3 PC, 459 PC/461.2, 182

Customer Question
(A)(1) PC AND 11368 HS??...
WHAT DO THESE CHARGE CODES MEAN? 529.3 PC, 459 PC/461.2, 182 (A)(1) PC AND 11368 HS??
Submitted: 6 years ago.Category: Criminal Law
3/2/2011
Criminal Lawyer: LawHelpNow, Attorney/Lawyer replied 6 years ago
LawHelpNow
LawHelpNow, Attorney/Lawyer

Thanks so much for choosing this forum to pose your important legal question. I will do my best to give you some honest and accurate guidance as I answer your question.

1. I am a licensed attorney with criminal law experience. I will be glad to try and answer your question. I hope that the following information will be helpful to you, but please just write back if you have any follow-up questions or need clarification on anything after reviewing the following information.
  2. "WHAT DO THESE CHARGE CODES MEAN?" The ones with "PC" behind them are provisions from the California Penal Code. The one with "HS" behind it is a provision from the California Health and Safety Code. 529.3 PC = Theft; 459 PC/461.2 = Burglary; 182 (A)(1) PC = Theft; and 11368 HS = Drug Offense

3. I hope that makes sense, but please do not hesitate to write back if needed. I shall be signing off soon to attend to some other professional obligations. Please rest assured, however, that I will be sure to check for any updated posts from you when I return to this online forum. I hope all works out.

I hope that this information has been helpful to you. If we can be of any further assistance please free to use our service again. Best wishes for a successful outcome.

If my answer has been helpful to you, please click "ACCEPT" so that I may be paid. This is the only way that I will receive compensation for the work performed. Please consider clicking "BONUS" as a nice way of saying "thanks" for a job well done. Clicking "FEEDBACK" to leave your positive comments is always greatly appreciated.

The information provided is general in nature only and should not be construed as legal advice. By using this forum, you acknowledge that no attorney-client relationship has been created between you and Benjamin M. Burt, Jr., Esq. You should always consult with a lawyer in your state.

WHAT IS CONSPIRICY WITH 2 OR MORE IN THE 3RD CHARGE? IF BOND IS SET AT 60,000.00 WHAT WILL A BONDS PLACE EXPECT FOR PAYMENT? WHERE DO I FIND PENIAL CODE INFO FOR SPECIFIC INFO. WHAT U GAVE ME WAS VERY GENERAL. WAS LOOKING FOR SPECIFIC INFO. help PLEASE!!
Relist: Answer quality.

Hello again,

Thanks for writing back -- good to hear from you.

I will be glad to comment further -- please see below.

I do ask that you kindly press "Accept" to process my answer.

You asked for the meaning of four offense codes, and I provided the exact information you sought. I would respectfully ***** ***** differ that the information was "general", in that actually it was exactly what you requested. At this juncture, you have posed additional inquiries which I will gladly answer on the honor system trusting you for payment.

1. "WHAT IS CONSPIRICY WITH 2 OR MORE IN THE 3RD CHARGE?" This is an offense referring to two or more actors joining together in concern to commit a crime. The elements are defined in its codification at California Penal Code §§ 182-185.

2. "IF BOND IS SET AT 60,000.00 WHAT WILL A BONDS PLACE EXPECT FOR PAYMENT?" Customarily, the down payment would be a minimum of 10 percent ($6,000 in this case).

3. "WHERE DO I FIND PENIAL CODE INFO FOR SPECIFIC INFO." The entire statutory reference can be found online free of charge: California Penal Code

I hope that helps a bit more and that things work out properly for you in this matter. Due to the late hour, I shall soon for signing off for the night. After selecting the green "Accept" button, please feel free to write back. I would gladly continue interacting with you for no additional charge after you initially process for payment.

Take care and thanks again for choosing JustAnswer®!

[Please click "Accept" -- this is the only way I get paid for my work and services provided.]

LawHelpNow
LawHelpNow, Attorney/Lawyer
WILL YOU CONTINUE TO ANSWER YOUR REPLY TO MY EMAIL FOR ANSWERS. IAM SORRY IF I OFFENEDED YOU WITH ME SAYING THE ANSWER WAS VAGUE. I CANNOT UNDERSTAND WHY IF TWO OR MORE IN THE THIRD CHARGE WHEN IT IS ONLY HIM WHO IS BOOKED INTO JAIL. THAT IS ONE PERSON. IT CONFUSES ME:(. I DO APPRECIATE YOUR EXPERTISE THOUGH. ALSO THE TWO THEFT CHARGES ARE CONFUSING DUE TO ALSO SEEING A BURGLEREY CHARGE. IN THE 3RD COUNT OF TWO OR MORE WOULDNT SOMEONE ELSE NEED TO BE BOOKED FOR THIS TO BE CONCLUSIVE?? THANK YOU FOR YOUR HELP. I REALIZE ITS LATE BUT ITS MY HUSBAND AND IAM VERY WORRIED....

Hello again,

Not one bit offensive, but I appreciate your kind words. You are the customer here, and we want you to be fully satisfied. Also, considering that this concerns your spouse, I can only imagine how stressful this ordeal must be for you.

So, please take a deep breath and we will work through this together. To provide you with accurate information, could you please clarify these points:

1. Are these all charges currently against your husband or are some prior (old) ones?
  2. When was your husband booked into jail?
  3. Briefly, what happened (as far as you know) in this alleged conspiracy and all?

Once I hear back from you, I will be glad to let you know my answer. There may be some delay as I am assisting other customers or am away from my computer. Please rest assured, however, that I will get back to you as soon as possible. Due to the late hour, this will probably be in the morning (Wednesday). However, you have my word that I will not forget you or leave you hanging.

Thanks!

NOT A PROBLEM. I WILL CHECK MY E MIAL IN THE AM FOR YOUR RESPONSE. OK..HERES THE SCENERIO.. HE WAS BOOKED TODAY ON CHARGES OF FORGING A NARCODIC PERSCRIPTION AND ATTEMPTING TO PICK UP FROM PHARMACY. i ACTUALLY DROVE HIM THERE AND WAS HANCUFFED FOR CONSIPIRICY FELONY CHARGES BUT WAS RELEASED AND NEVER BOOKED. HE HOWEVER IS NOW IN COUNTY JAIL FOR AN UNDISCLOSED AMOUNT OF TIME. HIS BOND SET AT THE 60,000. AND THE 4 CHARGES ON THE BOOKING REPORT. I HAD NO IDEA HE HAD FORGED THE PERSCRIPTION AT ALL SO IAM GUESSING THATS WHY I WAS RELEASED ALONG WITH THE FACT I HAVE NO CRIMINAOL RECORD AT ALL. HE DIDNT STEAL ANYTHING FROM THE PHARMACY HE WAS ARRESTED BEFORE PICKING UP THE PILLS. SO WHY SO MANY CHARGES?? AND SINCE I WAS RELEASED WHY DOES THE CHARGE SAY TWO OR MORE INVOLVED. I WAS NOT CITED AT ALL. WHEN WILL HE BE ARRAINED FOR THESE? WITHIN 48 HOURS? SHOULD I FIND A LAWYER? WHAT KIND OF SENTENCE DOES THIS ENTAILL?? YOUR EXPERTISE LIKE I SAID IS SOO GREATLY APRECIATED AND I WILL GLADLY ADD ON A HEALTHY TIP FOR YOUR INDEPTH INFO. JUST YOUR EMAILS RIGHT NOW ARE COMFORTING! I HAD A HUGE SHOCK TODAY AND IAM STILL STUNNED MY HUSBAND WAS CAPIBLE OF SUCH A SERIOUS CRIME. FELONY, RIGHT? AGAIN, I WILL SIGN OFF AND CHECK EMAIL IN THE AM FOR YOUR RESPONSE. ITS *****@******.***. THANKS AGAIN!!!
PLEASE RESPOND TO EMAIL ON 3-2-11 THANKS

Hello again,

Before I address your inquiry, however, I want to take a moment and say a heartfelt thank for your payment and especially your kind words -- greatly appreciated!

Now, on to your most recent post.

1. "SO WHY SO MANY CHARGES??" Frankly, I share your confusion based on the scenario you have described. Burglary means actual breaking and entering, and nothing you have described sounds remotely applicable. The drug offense charge certainly makes sense, but I have to say it is really the only one that does as the two theft charges are baffling as well. Truthfully, though, it is not at all unusual for the charges to change substantially between what the police initially allege and what the prosecutor decides to go with in the case.
  2. "AND SINCE I WAS RELEASED WHY DOES THE CHARGE SAY TWO OR MORE INVOLVED. " This makes more sense as it works like this. A conspiracy could even involve two people who have never met. Assume this just as a hypothetical illustration. I am in New York and you are in California -- opposite coasts. We begin chatting online or by telephone about forging a prescription (to stick with the same facts.) You go out and do so at a pharmacy in California. You are arrested, and one of the charges is conspiracy. I may or may not even be arrested. I may be what is called an "un-indicted co-conspirator". As long as the other person participated in some manner, however, the elements of a conspiracy can usually be fulfilled. It is much easier to meet than showing that two or more people formally sat down, planned out a crime, and executed it together.
  3. "WHEN WILL HE BE ARRAINED FOR THESE? WITHIN 48 HOURS?" Yes, you are correct in your understanding on the 48 hours. California Penal Code § 825
  4. "SHOULD I FIND A LAWYER?" Yes. Here is why I make that statement, and I am not going to pull any punches. None of these comments are meant to be anything personal against your husband or your marriage. However, a real advantage can be gained by being the first to give your side of the story. In other words, it seems that your husband is the true "target" here and you just got mixed up along the way. Given the way that the conspiracy laws work, you need to confer with your own legal counsel without delay. You could schedule a consultation with a local criminal defense attorney (either for free or a very modest fee) through the Lawyer Referral Services Program. Honestly, you should do so today. I do not at all mean to frighten you, and it is certainly an encouraging sign that you were not detained. However, my very best recommendation is to go ahead and speak with a lawyer in confidence.

I hope that helps a bit more and that all is resolved appropriately for both of you.

LawHelpNow
LawHelpNow
LawHelpNow, Attorney/Lawyer