Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

Criminal Law

I am the operations manager of a multi million dollar beverage

Customer Question
company located in Melville NY...
I am the operations manager of a multi million dollar beverage company located in Melville NY and was asked to sign a piece of paper agreeing to a polygraph test inquiring about a robbery that happened 10/2008. My original argument with my company was over a 100.00 screen replacement I charged to the company for a company phone that required a "secret" code they feel I should have had. I have used this code for about 2 years to replace the men that work for me....phones. I am shocked at the current alligations for I have been a loyal employee for over 10 years. I need advice and probably need a lawyer as early as tomarrow morning for they are applying a tremendous amount of pressure. Joe.
Submitted: 6 years ago.Category: Criminal Law
3/2/2011
Criminal Lawyer: Zoey_ JD, JustAnswer Criminal Law Mentor replied 6 years ago
Zoey_ JD
Zoey_ JD, JustAnswer Criminal Law Mentor
Hello Jacustomer,

If you are a suspect in a robbery, this is a very serious allegation. You already know the immediate answer as you have alluded to it. You must have a lawyer before you discuss anything at all involving this matter with your employers. And further, you should absolutely not consent to a polygraph until you've conferenced this matter with your lawyer as well. This is a potential prosecution waiting to happen and anything you say can be used against you if they get enough evidence to involve the DA. If you don't know where to start to find a lawyer, you can contact the NYS bar association's lawyer referral service, and they'll hook you up with someone.
Zoey_ JD
Zoey_ JD
Zoey_ JD