How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Zoey_ JD Your Own Question
Zoey_ JD
Zoey_ JD, JustAnswer Criminal Law Mentor
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 26824
Experience:  Admitted to NYS Criminal defense bar in 1989. Extensive arraignment, hearing, trial experience.
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Zoey_ JD is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am the operations manager of a multi million dollar beverage

Resolved Question:

I am the operations manager of a multi million dollar beverage company located in Melville NY and was asked to sign a piece of paper agreeing to a polygraph test inquiring about a robbery that happened 10/2008. My original argument with my company was over a 100.00 screen replacement I charged to the company for a company phone that required a "secret" code they feel I should have had. I have used this code for about 2 years to replace the men that work for me....phones. I am shocked at the current alligations for I have been a loyal employee for over 10 years. I need advice and probably need a lawyer as early as tomarrow morning for they are applying a tremendous amount of pressure. Joe.
Submitted: 6 years ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Zoey_ JD replied 6 years ago.
Hello Jacustomer,

If you are a suspect in a robbery, this is a very serious allegation. You already know the immediate answer as you have alluded to it. You must have a lawyer before you discuss anything at all involving this matter with your employers. And further, you should absolutely not consent to a polygraph until you've conferenced this matter with your lawyer as well. This is a potential prosecution waiting to happen and anything you say can be used against you if they get enough evidence to involve the DA. If you don't know where to start to find a lawyer, you can contact the NYS bar association's lawyer referral service, and they'll hook you up with someone.
Zoey_ JD and 5 other Criminal Law Specialists are ready to help you

Related Criminal Law Questions