How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask JB Umphrey Your Own Question
JB Umphrey
JB Umphrey, Lawyer
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 20233
Experience:  Handling criminal and probation matters for over 14 years.
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
JB Umphrey is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a friend who has waived his rights to a court appointed

Resolved Question:

I have a friend who has waived his rights to a court appointed lawyer because he thought he would be able to afford one. Does he have the right to change his mind?
Submitted: 6 years ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  JB Umphrey replied 6 years ago.

JB Umphrey :

Thank you for using JustAnswer!

Yes, he can change his mind and request a court-appointed attorney.

JB Umphrey :

It will be up to the judge to ask questions to determine his indigency and determine if he's qualified for a court-appointed attorney.

JB Umphrey :

Good luck and best wishes. I hope that you find this information to be helpful and this answer to be ACCEPTable!

JB Umphrey :

Anything else?


Thank you so much

JB Umphrey and other Criminal Law Specialists are ready to help you

Related Criminal Law Questions