Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

Criminal Law

Will my disability affect my expungement outcome. It was I

have been told the reason...
Will my disability affect my expungement outcome. It was I have been told the reason for my addiction and criminal behavior. Before I became mentally ill I was a registered nurse and law abiding citizen with a clean record. The judge that sentenced me was aware of my condition. I believe this kept me out of prison. Thanks
3/2/2011
AlexiaEsq.
AlexiaEsq., Managing Attorney

With regard to your post:

It is a great question, and makes terrific sense. Unfortunately, OK statutes seem to have very objective set prerequisites to expungement that don't include consideration of a disability. If your conviction was a felony, OK has rather strict laws, that are not discretionary. You have to show the felony was nonviolent in nature, that you alreay received a pardon, that you have not been convicted of any other misdemeanor or felony, that no charges are currently pending against you, and that ten (10) years have passed since the conviction. Okla. Stat. tit. 22, § 18 et al.

I wish it were easier, and I am so sorry this has happened to you.

Because I help people like you here, for a living---this is not a hobby for me, and I sincerely XXXXX XXXXX abiding by the honor system as regards XXXXX XXXXX I wish you the best in your future.

AlexiaEsq.
AlexiaEsq., Managing Attorney
AlexiaEsq.
AlexiaEsq.
AlexiaEsq., Managing Attorney