How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Nate Your Own Question
Nate, Lawyer
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 10685
Experience:  Over 10 years of criminal defense practice.
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Nate is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I was pulled over in my car when I was busted with the three

Customer Question

I was pulled over in my car when I was busted with the three pounds of marijuana and they made me sign a piece of paper saying that they were seizing my car. My car however isn't in my name yet I actually was buying it from my friend and he hadn't payed it off yet so it had a lean on it. So my question is can they sieze the car?
Submitted: 6 years ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Nate replied 6 years ago.
Thank you for your question.

They can seize any vehicle involved in trafficking illegal drugs. Your friend would have to contact the police and attempt to get them to release his car.