How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Loren Your Own Question
Loren, Lawyer
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 33999
Experience:  Former administrative hearing officer
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Loren is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

my daughter at age 17 and a virgin was seduced by my brother

Resolved Question:

my daughter at age 17 and a virgin was seduced by my brother in connecticut, she is now 26 and she has finally been able to talk about it. I would like to press charges? what do I do.
Submitted: 6 years ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Loren replied 6 years ago.
Contact your local state prosecutor's office. In Connecticut the statute of limitations for offenses involving sexual abuse, sexual assault, or sexual exploitation of a minor is 30 years after the date the victim reaches age 18, or within five years after the date the victim notifies law enforcement of the offense, whichever is earlier (CGS § 54-193a)
Loren and 4 other Criminal Law Specialists are ready to help you