How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ely Your Own Question
Ely, Counselor at Law
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 3169
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Ely is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My son was charged with child molestation. he did not commit

Customer Question

My son was charged with child molestation. he did not commit this crime. it is a vengeance charge by a mother and a daughter. We have a lawyer, but he wants my son to plead guilty so he doessnt have to go to court. The only evidence they have is a phone call which was set up. My son did not admit to guilt in the phone call but he did not deny either. At the time of the call he was on several meds for depression. He has one count A and one count B and the lawyer toldd him if he accept the pleas he will get 6 to 20 years but if he goes to court he will get 60. My son has never been in any kind of trouble is a model citizen. We feel that he is getting railroaded. He is not going to take a plea because he is innocent- please give me advice on what to do
Submitted: 6 years ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  AttorneyTom replied 6 years ago.
We cannot provide legal advice or legal services in this public forum. Instead, we can provide educational information.

Did you have an information-seeking question? If so, what is your question?

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I thought that this site was for legal advice. We just need some advice on what to do
Expert:  AttorneyTom replied 6 years ago.
That's something you'd need to obtain from your personal attorney. Unfortunately, we can't provide that here. We only provide educaitonal information here.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Then i want a refund
Expert:  AttorneyTom replied 6 years ago.
I can't personally process that. But I'll file the appropriate report and a moderator will take care of it for you.