How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dwayne B. Your Own Question
Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Lawyer
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 33750
Experience:  Numerous criminal trials ranging from traffic to murder, practicing Criminal Law for 20+ years.
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Dwayne B. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

There has been an allegation made towards my father and my

Customer Question

There has been an allegation made towards my father and my significant other regarding sexual abuse towards my 7 year old daughter. My daughter has a history of "making up stories" and "fantacizing" her stories to make it "wow". My father hired a private attorney to clear his name and to get my daughter back. My father is the adoptive parent. Both parties I know for sure are innocent. On the other hand, my significant other may need some legal advice but don't know where to turn. He "time served" for an Assault charge. He and my father has no history of any report regarding "sexual abuse" what should we do?
Submitted: 6 years ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 6 years ago.
Hire a lawyer and get the lawyer to arrange a private polygraph. If they pass it, then the results can be provided to CPS. If not, then they will never know it was taken. Many people fail polygraphs who are innocent, but you still need to know early whether or not they can pass it. By doing it through the lawyer it is protected by privilege and they can't be asked about it.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you. As you know, we work on the honor system here and cannot always provide you answers that you like. I believe I have answered all of the questions you asked so I would request that you please click the ACCEPT button so I receive credit for my work and leave feedback if you have a chance. Please consider clicking "BONUS" as a nice way of saying "thanks" for a job well done, although this is neither required nor expected. I believe in giving information that is to the point, but please remember that I can only base our answers on the information you provide and sometimes a misunderstanding as to what you are looking for or already know occurs so feel free to ask additional questions or for clarifications. Please be aware that my answer is not legal advice, it is merely information. You should always contact a local attorney for legal advice.

Several customers have asked how they direct a question to me in particular. If you specifically want me to provide information for you just put “FOR JD 1992” in the subject line and I will pick up the next time I am online.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.

my father has an appointment for a polygraph but we as individuals who is seeking a sense of direction has no money like that to do a polygraph. i thank you for your time