How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Samuel II Your Own Question
Samuel II
Samuel II, Attorney at Law
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 27011
Experience:  Handle criminal matters in both state and federal courts.
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Samuel II is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

police report shows marihuana possess not more than 20 grams

Customer Question

police report shows: marihuana possess not more than 20 grams & I was booked with a felony: cannabis/possession/more than 20 grams -the only thing in my car that the police found was an empty bottle labeled "Lemon Skunk" and a marijuana cigarette butt under my seat. I had to pay a higher bail because of the felony charge. How can I get this corrected, should I wait until arraignment and tell the judge?
Submitted: 6 years ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Samuel II replied 6 years ago.



You need to try to contact the District Attorney who will be prosecuting the matter and inform them of the discrepancy. You should write a letter and mail it certified with return receipt requested so that you can then show the court that you tried to inform the DA.


If the DA does not make the correction then you will need to inform the court at your arraignment.


If you have further questions, you may post them here and i will continue to assist. Otherwise, even if you have a subscription with JA please remember to ACCEPT my answer as that is the only way I can get credit for my time and information in this matter. Thank you and good luck