Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

Criminal Law

Is there a lawyer in Camden County N.C. that provides free

Customer Question
consultations? I am advocating for...
Is there a lawyer in Camden County N.C. that provides free consultations? I am advocating for a newly released felon in Florida who has just found out there are open cases there from 1999 and he would like to resolve them. Thank you.
Submitted: 6 years ago.Category: Criminal Law
2/2/2011
Criminal Lawyer: CrimDefense, CriminalDefenseAtty replied 6 years ago
CrimDefense
CrimDefense, CriminalDefenseAtty
Most if not all criminal defense attorney should provide a free consultation to a potential client. It is simply a matter of contact an attorney in the county where the open cases are pending and asking if a consultation could be set up to explain the situation and see if the attorney is capable of handling it. You need to make sure you tell them exactly what your expectations are and get specifics about how they intend to resolve these open cases. On cases that are as old as this, the prosecutor will likely have a hard time finding their witnesses, so they may be willing to dismiss the case or amend it to a much lesser charge so there can be a resolution. Moreover, just ask the receptionist who answers the phone upon making the appointment, if there is a fee. You may want to speak with 5 or 6 different attorneys before choosing one you feel comfortable with.
Can you provide any phone numbers of criminal defense attorneys in Camden County N.C. who provide free consultations for DUI charges and failure to appear?

Certainly. Here is a link and you can narrow it down as needed.

http://www.martindale.com/Results.aspx

The link you provided was not helpful. Can you provide any names of criminal attorneys in Camden County N.C. who provide free consultations? The link sent me to the names of three attorneys who were not criminal attorneys and the one general attorney had no phone number or website. That was not helpful.
Relist: Answer quality.
Specifically Camden County N.C. or forget it.
Please realize that Camden County is small and alot of attorneys service the entire state. Just because their office is not located in the county does not mean that they can help you. If you have to drive 15-20 mins for a free consultation and to retain a very good attorney, I think it is worth it to make the effort.
CrimDefense
CrimDefense
CrimDefense, CriminalDefenseAtty