Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

Criminal Law

11. A gang that has only moderate drug use and isnt generally

Customer Question
11. A gang that has...
11. A gang that has only moderate drug use and isn’t generally involved in crime is
characterized as which of the following types of gangs?
A. Organized C. Territorial
B. Social D. Scavenger
Submitted: 6 years ago.Category: Criminal Law
2/2/2011
Criminal Lawyer: Maverick, Lawyer replied 6 years ago
Maverick
Maverick, Lawyer

Welcome to Just Answer! My name isXXXXX very much enjoy what I do and I hope that you will benefit from this information.

In modern usage, gang often refers to loosely organized groups that control a territory through readiness to use coordinated violence, especially against other gangs.

Scavenger gangs are characteristically disorganized and often represent the least successful of all the types of gangs. Members of scavenger gangs may be low achievers, and may be prone to violent or erratic behavior. Because these gangs are not well organized, leadership of scavenger gangs may change frequently and without reason. Scavenger gangs often turn to low-level crime, usually committed spontaneously and without planning.

Territorial gangs are typically more organized than scavenger gangs, but their primary purpose is still social. Some may sell drugs, but this is not a defining characteristic of the territorial gang. Territorial gangs will often use violent means to defend their territory; So Answer C is out because these gangs often engage violence / crime.

Corporate gangs (Organized) are highly organized conspiracies, constructed for the purpose of marketing drugs and gaining maximum profits. So Answer A is out.

Both territorial and scavenger gangs have a social purpose while organized gangs have a business purpose. So Answer B is out.

The gang defined in the question most appears to match answer D.

---

If you need more clarification or follow up information, please feel free to write back as there is no extra charge. Otherwise, please click on the ACCEPT button. Even if you have put in your payment information, I receive no credit for my time unless you press "ACCEPT".

Sometimes the law does not give you the outcome that you may have anticipated. Please understand that this is not the attorney's fault. We are assuming that you are paying for an honest and professional opinion.

Please know that there may be a delay between your follow up question and my answers because I may be helping other customers in the meantime. Rest assured, I will get back to you.

If you feel that I went an extra step to help, a bonus would be greatly appreciated!

This information is provided so you may better discuss legal issues with your attorney. Consult a local attorney for legal advice before acting. You may be able to find an attorney in your area to further assist you at http://www.martindale.com/ or at http://www.lawyers.com/ .

You can always request me for a future question by starting your new question with "This question is for Maverick".

Thank you for the opportunity to assist you.

Maverick
Maverick
Maverick, Lawyer