How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Samuel II Your Own Question
Samuel II
Samuel II, Attorney at Law
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 27011
Experience:  Handle criminal matters in both state and federal courts.
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Samuel II is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

A follow-up. Who would he send such a letter to, given that

Resolved Question:

A follow-up. Who would he send such a letter to, given that it has been 2.5 years since the original ticket?

Is the CAPIAS PRO warrant bad? The googling I did implied that he would be automaticaly detained if stopped bt a cop with no bond.
Submitted: 6 years ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Samuel II replied 6 years ago.



Well, that is correct. If he is stopped he can be arrested. So he needs to write to the judge with copy to the District Attorney. He needs to request the payment plan and to have the warrant quashed or recalled. He should have it in writing if the Court is willing to do that.


Customer: replied 6 years ago.
If he writes to the judge, he will obviously be disclosing his present address, what is the likelihood of him receiving a visit from the cops at his address and then being arrested?
Expert:  Samuel II replied 6 years ago.



It is possible. But that is the only way he can handle this matter himself.


If he is concerned, he will need to get a local attorney to handle the negotiations for him. That way, his location is not revealed. But the only way to get rid of the warrant is to have it served or quashed.


Samuel II and other Criminal Law Specialists are ready to help you

Related Criminal Law Questions