How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Samuel II Your Own Question
Samuel II
Samuel II, Attorney at Law
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 27011
Experience:  Handle criminal matters in both state and federal courts.
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Samuel II is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am trying to help a friend and determine the best strategy

Resolved Question:

I am trying to help a friend and determine the best strategy in the following case:

This takes place in Harris County, TX. My friend received a "Failure to attend School" ticket in 2008. He has never paid the ticket and the Court has issued a "CAPIAS PRO FINE WARRANT". The website shows he owes a $733 fine including costs. What are the implications of the warrant? What options does he have?

In addition the original ticket was issued because he refused to take the GED exam after being ejected from his school, and he is now paying his own way to get his HS diploma. Is there any chance he could get the fine reduced by talking to the court/judge and explaining mitigzting circumstances or does he just have to pay up to get rid of the warrant.
Submitted: 6 years ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Samuel II replied 6 years ago.



He can write to the Judge and request a payment plan due to a poor economic situation. He also can set forth his mitigating circumstances and try to get it reduced to at least half.


If you have further questions, you may post them here and i will continue to assist. Otherwise, even if you have a subscription with JA please remember to ACCEPT my answer as that is the only way I can get credit for my time and information in this matter. Thank you and good luck


Samuel II and 2 other Criminal Law Specialists are ready to help you