Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

Criminal Law

Hello. I had a party at my house and there was a 911 call

Customer Question
Hello. I had a...
Hello. I had a party at my house and there was a 911 call about noise. There were a few18 year olds at my house, i didnt know that they were underage ( no one under 18 was present) (i'm 22) am i responsible for proving the alcohol to them? ( i didnt buy any of the alcohol at my house) they also found a small amount of marjuana that somebody hid in the closet when the police arrived. the police officer said it was about a gram. the cops entered the house through the backdoor by themselves without knocking at all or asking for permission to com in. also, nobody was arrested or givin any type of sobriety test (breathalize etc) I live in the state on pennsylvania, and i'm just wondering about what charges i am going to recieve and if i should fight this or just pay fines.
Submitted: 6 years ago.Category: Criminal Law
2/1/2011
Criminal Lawyer: Samuel II, Attorney at Law replied 6 years ago
Samuel II
Samuel II, Attorney at Law

Hi

As the primary resident holder you are responsible for knowing who is in your home and what their behaviors are.

Now, you can go to court and explain that you did not invite anyone under the age of 21 to your party. But the court is going to hold you accountable.

As to the police entering, they may do so if they have reason to believe that criminal activity is occurring.

I suppose you will be charged with supplying alcohol to minors, possession of marijuana

It may be best to consult with a local attorney to have those charges dropped, if possible

do you serve jail time or are those charges just fines?

Hi

They are both misdemeanor crimes and do provide for a jail penalty. A first offender would get probation and possibly a deferred adjudication. So you would be fined and court costs, community service, etc

Samuel II
Samuel II, Attorney at Law
Samuel II
Samuel II
Samuel II, Attorney at Law