How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask skelly151 Your Own Question
skelly151, Lawyer
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 2368
Experience:  I have handled non felony matters in municipal and mayor courts in Ohio
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
skelly151 is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I never received an answer for my last question about expunging

This answer was rated:

I never received an answer for my last question about expunging a record. I have a $48 credit in my account. What happened? Do I need to resubmit?

skelly151 :

You can expunge a conviction if older than 5-7 years and there is no violence involved in the conviction such as firearm use etc. You petition to the court where the conviction originated and reference the underlying case number XXXXX tell the court in the motion how you have had no further offenses and have satisfied all conditions of the underlying conviction. They will let you know whether they are going to contest it or not. If they are going to then you will need a good criminal lawyer to assist you.

Customer :

Hi skelly151...Thanks for the answer. We are looking into petitioning the court since there were no firearms or physical violence or knives, etc. The protection was for the e-mails only. The conditions were satisfied and there are no further offenses. Thanks again! E.

skelly151 and other Criminal Law Specialists are ready to help you