How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dwayne B. Your Own Question
Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Lawyer
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 33555
Experience:  Numerous criminal trials ranging from traffic to murder, practicing Criminal Law for 20+ years.
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Dwayne B. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

i was arrrested for speeding and fail to stop for a police

Customer Question

i was arrrested for speeding and fail to stop for a police officer how do i get my record clean
Submitted: 6 years ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 6 years ago.
What happened at court?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

i was giving a year probation


Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 6 years ago.
Was it a deferred adjudication probation or a straight probation? For which charge(s) did you receive probation? Do you remember how they ended up classifying it (A, B or C misdemeanor)?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

i think its c


Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 6 years ago.
Why do you want to remove it from the record? Also, how long ago did the court judgment happen?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

i want to remove it from my record because i am trying to get a job with costoms and border patrol . it happen last spring


Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 6 years ago.
Your only choice is to try for an expunction at this time. Convictions are not expungeable unless a pardon is obtained from the Governor. However, dismissed charges can be expunged so if they found you guilty of speeding but dismissed the fleeing from a police officer that one can be expunged. You can hire a lawyer to assist you or file the motion and see if the judge sets a hearing and then hire a lawyer. The form can be found in an attachment to an eBook for sale at this site although it may also be available online elsewhere.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you. As you know, we work on the honor system here and cannot always provide you answers that you like. I believe I have answered all of the questions you asked so I would request that you please click the ACCEPT button so I receive credit for my work and leave feedback if you have a chance. Please consider clicking "BONUS" as a nice way of saying "thanks" for a job well done, although this is neither required nor expected. I believe in giving information that is to the point, but please remember that I can only base our answers on the information you provide and sometimes a misunderstanding as to what you are looking for or already know occurs so feel free to ask additional questions or for clarifications. Please be aware that my answer is not legal advice, it is merely information. You should always contact a local attorney for legal advice.

Several customers have asked how they direct a question to me in particular. If you specifically want me to provide information for you just put “FOR JD 1992” in the subject line and I will pick up the next time I am online.

Related Criminal Law Questions