Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney with over 20 years law enforcement, prosecution, civil rights and defense experience
10285032

An employee of mine was convicted of having sex with an underage

An employee of mine was convicted of having sex with an underage girl on his eighteenth birthday. He is now 26. His P.O. continually throws him in jail for offenses like not meeting with him weekly, after he approved the schedule to monthly. For living in an unapproved home, when he was living with his mother, for taking his brother bowling, when the bowling alley had a sign that did not allow anyone under 18. For paying a $20 payment when it should have been $25, that got him two months. Living with his mother and bowling got him 3 months.

The charges against him seem manufactured and unrealistic. He got 6 months while the D.O.C. was waiting for an investigation that he was being accused of assault on a woman at a party. The charges were dropped after the woman who accused him said she lied and made it up. All the while the P.O. was dating the accuser. (conflict of interest?) The P.O. has lied to me and basically there seems to be an abuse of power.

This young man is trying his best, XXXXX XXXXX doesn't appear to be in violation, but they just keep coming and he can't seem to get a break. Can anything be done or are we at the mercy of a corrupt D.O.C.? This has escalated in the last year with no end in sight. I don't know how this young man maintains his head.
They are hardly unrealistic, since probation or parole is just like being in jail, meaning no matter how slight or minor the violation appears to you, it is a violation and punishable. The one that seems questionable would be the one where the PO moved the meetings to monthly and then hit him for not meeting weekly, but the other issues can indeed be violations of his probation/parole. The only thing he can do is get him an attorney to try to fight the charges as they arise. Parole or probation is not really intended to be friendly or non-restrictive and to the outsider, it certainly does seem overly oppressive, but what you describe is not illegally abusive.

I hope you found my answer helpful, please click on the GREEN ACCEPT button above for my answer (EVEN IF YOU ARE A SUBSCRIPTION MEMBER). This is necessary for me to be paid for my work and so that I can get credit for assisting you. Your question will not close, and you will still have the opportunity to follow-up if needed. Leaving a bonus and positive feedback is not required, but doing so is certainly appreciated!

Please remember this is a dialog if you have follow up questions please use the REPLY button and ask. If you have additional questions, please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. Please consider that I am answering the question or question that is posed in your posting based upon my reading of your post and sometimes misunderstandings can occur. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.

There can also be a delay of an hour or more in between my answers because I may be helping other customers or taking a break.

PLEASE NOTE WELL: IF YOU CLICK OPT OUT I CANNOT REPLY TO YOUR FOLLOW UP QUESTIONS AND YOU MAY NEVER GET ANY REPLY OR IT WILL DELAY MY ABILITY TO REPLY TO YOU. Also, if you use RELIST, I MAY NOT SEE YOUR RESPONSE AND IT WILL DELAY YOUR REPLY.

You can always request me through my profile at http://www.justanswer.com/profile.aspx?PF=10285032&FID=39 or beginning your question with “For PaulMJD…”

YOU CAN ALSO GO TO http://www.justanswer.com/lp/19qy-PaulMJD and request me.