Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Lawyer
Experience:  Numerous criminal trials ranging from traffic to murder, practicing Criminal Law for 20+ years.
11068102

if i had a charge put against me in the year 1996 and it was

Customer Question

if i had a charge put against me in the year 1996 and it was dismissed after a acod can these charges be used against me to get an order of protection put on me today . the person trying to use these false charges know they are not true
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 6 years ago.
They shouldn't be but it is not uncommon for the other side to try and bring them up. The judge should ignore or not consider them though.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you. As you know, we work on the honor system here and cannot always provide you answers that you like. I believe I have answered all of the questions you asked so I would request that you please click the ACCEPT button so I receive credit for my work and leave feedback if you have a chance. Please consider clicking "BONUS" as a nice way of saying "thanks" for a job well done, although this is neither required nor expected. I believe in giving information that is to the point, but please remember that I can only base our answers on the information you provide and sometimes a misunderstanding as to what you are looking for or already know occurs so feel free to ask additional questions or for clarifications. Please be aware that my answer is not legal advice, it is merely information. You should always contact a local attorney for legal advice.

Several customers have asked how they direct a question to me in particular. If you specifically want me to provide information for you just put “FOR JD 1992” in the subject line and I will pick up the next time I am online.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Relist: Other.
the answer was to simple and unhelpful to my situation. i feel the law is being broken here seeing the use of this info is unfounded and used again to help get the full stay away.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Relist: Incomplete answer.
the answer was unprofessional and to short -unexplanatory
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 6 years ago.
Why do you believe the use of the information is "illegal"? Also, what additional information are you wanting, the question you asked required a yes or a no answer? I am more than willing to provide additional information but you need to ask additional questions.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
the person using the false charges -is there a penelty for knowing these charges where false but used them anyways. not once and the judge told her not to use these charges but twice within 6 months to get me out of the house again . ????
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 6 years ago.
It is perjury if they swear to something that is not true, if they know it is not true. Unfortunately, that is almost impossible to prove and the DAs rarely file on anyone for that. However, your original question was could the same allegations be used against you again and the answer was and still is yes. They CAN be, it doesn't mean they will be. For instance, if the judge didn't believe them before but two witnesses now come forth to prove them then they can be used again since it is not a criminal proceeding.