How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask LawTalk Your Own Question
LawTalk, Lawyer
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 37639
Experience:  30 years legal experience
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
LawTalk is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

my son has been accused of kidnapping and beating up a woman

Customer Question

my son has been accused of kidnapping and beating up a woman that is big habitual lair ,SHE is a prostitute has local cops as clints and also supplies drugs for them and she tells lies on people all the time and these cops wiill belive everything she says because they don't want theire wives to find out what is going on. my son is in need of a good lawyer to help him . T he local public denfeder is also we feel involed and will walk all over myson and go along with what the cops will say. Could you please help him?
Submitted: 6 years ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  LawTalk replied 6 years ago.
Good morning,

I'm sorry to hear of your son's dilemma.

Under the circumstances, with the massive corruption you describe, the only way your son is going to get a fair shake is for him---or you---to retain a private criminal defense attorney to represent him.

While most everyone in this predicament claims that they can not afford an attorney---the reality is that you can not afford NOT to afford one. You have to do what is necessary. Your son should sell everything he owns, borrow from everybody he knows and get this done. None of his possessions will mean anything to him if he is imprisoned for 10 years for a crime he didn't commit.

There simply IS NO OTHER AVENUE for your son to go. There is no magical free attorney program outside the public defender's office---I'm sorry.

I wish you the best in 2011.

I understand that you may be disappointed by the Answer you received, as it was not particularly favorable to your situation. Had I been able to provide an Answer which might have given you a successful legal outcome, it would have been my pleasure to do so. I do work diligently to provide you with the correct Answer under the law, and because I have no control over what the law is, I ask you not to hold that against me.

It has been my pleasure to assist you, and it would be greatly appreciated if you would
click the green Accept icon so that I can receive credit for having answered your Question. Thank you in advance. Best regards,