How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Samuel II Your Own Question
Samuel II
Samuel II, Attorney at Law
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 27011
Experience:  Handle criminal matters in both state and federal courts.
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Samuel II is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Hi Samuel, Just to elaborate further You would be placed

Resolved Question:

Hi Samuel,

Just to elaborate further "You would be placed in a holding cell until the deportation would occur. You can discuss that option with the District Attorney and your attorney or public defender"

Can i be out without going into holding cell as i can pay for my ticket back to my home country.

just wanted to be very clear i can discuss with attorney
Submitted: 6 years ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Samuel II replied 6 years ago.



Yes. You would be held. You are charged with a crime. If you opted out of a plea deal, then you would be detained until you would have a deportation hearing.


I hope your Mom recovers from her surgery without incident



If you have further questions, you may post them here and i will continue to assist. Otherwise, even if you have a subscription with JA please remember to ACCEPT my answer as that is the only way I can get credit for my time and information in this matter. Thank you and good luck





Samuel II and 3 other Criminal Law Specialists are ready to help you