How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Samuel II Your Own Question
Samuel II
Samuel II, Attorney at Law
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 27011
Experience:  Handle criminal matters in both state and federal courts.
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Samuel II is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

HELLO...just a few days ago i got 3 triffic tickets in the

Customer Question

HELLO...just a few days ago i got 3 triffic tickets in the state of florida palm beach count on my motorcycle one was for 84mph on 45mph one was for no mirrows and one was for loud exhaust what i relly need to know is about the speeding ticket should i hire a lawyer or should i just go there and pled no constenst or guilty what will be the fine what should i do?????thanks
Submitted: 6 years ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Samuel II replied 6 years ago.



The fine will be $260 to $305 - but you also need to weigh the points that are attached which is 4 points. If you decide to plead not guilty, you can then give an explanation and request that mercy of the court with the lesser amount of the fines and no points.


If you plead no contest, you also can request no points and the lesser of the fines.


If you plead guilty, you have no opportunity to talk to the judge.



Customer: replied 6 years ago.
if i pleade no contest what do u mean request for a lower fees i should not hire a lawyer u think lawyer wants to charge me 250 dollars for what.. hes going to go there and say no contest then i will still have to pay cort fees and the tickets ect ect right so not worth it just do it my self and if i pled not quilty i will have to go to courth for it right and prove that am not quilty??
Expert:  Samuel II replied 6 years ago.



I cannot tell you not to get a local lawyer, you understand? I can only provide information.


If you plead no contest, it is the same as guilty, though you have an opportunity to give an explanation and request lower fine and no points. The same with a not guilty plea. Either one will allow you to explain and request leniency from the court.


You wanted the amount of the fine and I provided that information for you. As to an attorney representing you, you need to decide that for yourself. Yes, you can tell the court the same thing an attorney will.



Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Relist: Incomplete answer.
Expert:  Samuel II replied 6 years ago.



Please tell me what else you need information on.



Related Criminal Law Questions