Alex J. Esq.
Alex J. Esq., Attorney at Law
Experience:  Experienced Licensed Attorney / Criminal Law Mentor
26296561

I lost my gun rights 5-10 years ago due to a felony charge

Customer Question

I lost my gun rights 5-10 years ago due to a felony charge of conspiring to counterfeit.
Can I get my gun rights back, or have my record washed ? what type of attorney do I need ?
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Alex J. Esq. replied 6 years ago.

Alex Esquire :

Hello. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be glad to help you.

Alex Esquire :

Are you online with me?

JACUSTOMER-pdsmp81w- :

yes

JACUSTOMER-pdsmp81w- :

can I get my gun rights back ?

Alex Esquire :

Were you convicted of state or federal charge?

JACUSTOMER-pdsmp81w- :

federal

Alex Esquire :

This will make it more difficult.

Alex Esquire :

Give me a second to look into something for you.

JACUSTOMER-pdsmp81w- :

ok

Alex Esquire :
It remains a FEDERAL felony for a federally convicted felon to EVER own or possess a firearm. The U.S. Criminal Code, makes the penalty for illegal possession of a firearm a mandatory minimum of fifteen (15) years in prison in some cases (Title 18 U.S.C. sec 924(e)(1). At this time federally convicted felons have no solution to their firearm disqualification. Congress has effectively suspended the review of federally convicted felons' petitions for restoration of their firearms privileges, by denying funding for the purpose

Alex Esquire :

So unfortunately you would not qualify at this time for any type of relief, short of getting presidential pardon (which hardly ever given).

Alex Esquire :

I know this is not an answer you were hoping for, but I am sure you would rather have a correct answer, than an incorrect once that would give you some type of false hope.

Alex Esquire :

If you are satisfied with my answer, I would appreciate if you would click on the accept button.
Please keep in mind if you already made a deposit or on a monthly subscription plan you will not incur any additional charges, but I will only be compensated for my time and effort only if you click on ACCEPT.
Bonus and Positive Feedback are always appreciated. Thank you and good luck.

JACUSTOMER-pdsmp81w- :

ok, I was just curious because a local deputy told me he would help if I wanted my guns back

JACUSTOMER-pdsmp81w- :

thanks

Alex Esquire :

Do not let local law enforcement give you advice on this as they can be looking to entrap you and score for themselves by busting a federal felon in possession.

Alex Esquire :

Alex Esquire :

Do you have any related follow up questions?

Alex Esquire :

If not I would appreciate if you click on the accept button as this is the only way I get compensated for my time and effort. Thank you and Happy New Year.