How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Marsha411JD Your Own Question
Marsha411JD, Lawyer
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 20295
Experience:  Licensed attorney with 29 yrs. exp. in criminal law
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Marsha411JD is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

i have a misdermeanor C conviction on my record and would like

Resolved Question:

i have a misdermeanor C conviction on my record and would like to know my chances of haven't it expunged. Thank you for your time. Frank
Submitted: 6 years ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Marsha411JD replied 6 years ago.

Assuming that your conviction was in New York, the news isn't good. New York State law does not allow for expungement of adult arrest or conviction records. However, a record related to an arrest that resulted in a dismissal of the charge or an acquittal may be sealed. A sealed record can be released only for limited purposes, such as if an individual applies for a pistol permit or for employment as a police or peace officer. Additionally, a sealed record may be released to parole or probation if you are under supervision.

The only way to be able to remove this from your record then would be to get a Governor's Pardon. You could check with the NY Governor's Office for those procedures.
Marsha411JD and 2 other Criminal Law Specialists are ready to help you