JB Umphrey
JB Umphrey, Lawyer
Experience:  Handling criminal and probation matters for over 14 years.
14211116

IN AUG. I GOT A DUI AND THE JUDGE LOWERED IT TO A DWAI AFTER

IN AUG. I GOT A DUI AND THE JUDGE LOWERED IT TO A DWAI AFTER PAYING COURT COSTS AND A CONTRIBUTION TO THE SALVATION ARMY. THIS WAS MY 1ST OFFENSE. I AM TAKING THE REQUIRED ALCOHOL CLASSES, AND HAVE AN INTERLOCK IN MY CAR. MY QUESTION IS MY EMPLOYER WANTS ME TO GO TO ITALY IN MARCH WITH HER. ARE THERE ANY RESTRICTIONS ON ME TO LEAVE THE COUNTRY? IF THERE IS WHAT DO I HAVE TO DO IN ORDER TO LEAVE THE COUNTRY? THANK YOU
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  JB Umphrey replied 6 years ago.

JB Umphrey :

Thank you for using JustAnswer!

JB Umphrey :

Do you have a probation officer that you report to?

JACUSTOMER-kr98qczy- :

NO, I DO HAVE A LAWYER WHO HAS HANDLED THIS FOR ME.

JB Umphrey :

Are you on probation?

JB Umphrey :

Do you have a copy of your court orders?

JACUSTOMER-kr98qczy- :

NO I JUST NEED TO COMPLETE MY CLASSES. I DO.

JB Umphrey :

Do your court orders include language that says that you cannot leave the state without permission of the court?

JB Umphrey :

If your court orders say that you cannot leave the state without permission of the court, then you need to go back to court and seek permission to go on the trip you've described.

JB Umphrey :

Good luck and best wishes!

JB Umphrey :

I hope that you find this information to be helpful and this answer to be ACCEPTable!

JACUSTOMER-kr98qczy- :

THANK YOU I WILL GO AHEAD AND ASK MY LAWYER THIS QUESTION AS WELL SO I HAVE TWO OPIONIONS. I DONT BELIEVE MY COURT ORDERS SAY ANYTHING ABOUT WHETHER I CAN OR CANNOT LEAVE THE STATE.

JB Umphrey :

Very well.

JB Umphrey :

Any limitations would be in the orders themselves.

JB Umphrey :

If you are satisfied with the supplied information, you can select ACCEPT to close this thread and so that I receive credit for assisting you today.