Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney with over 20 years law enforcement, prosecution, civil rights and defense experience
10285032

Ok, You said that it was possible to get a felony in the state

Ok, You said that it was possible to get a felony in the state of florida off of my record. Is this something that you could do? And why is it that every other site I try to get info on this says " Persons who have been convicted (adjudicated guilty) of a felony are not eligible for a seal or expunge of their criminal history under Florida law, regardless of whether their civil rights have been restored.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 6 years ago.
You were told certain felonys can be expunged, such as those where a deferred sentence was given. Additionally, you were told the FL courts rarely grant expungements. The Pardon is available to restore firearms rights, but those are also very tough to obtain. If you received a felony where you were sentenced to anything other than a deferred sentence, then you would not get an expungement.

I hope you found my answer helpful, please click on the GREEN ACCEPT button above for my answer (EVEN IF YOU ARE A SUBSCRIPTION MEMBER). This is necessary for me to be paid for my work and so that I can get credit for assisting you. Your question will not close, and you will still have the opportunity to follow-up if needed. Leaving a bonus and positive feedback is not required, but doing so is certainly appreciated!

Please remember this is a dialog if you have follow up questions please use the REPLY button and ask. If you have additional questions, please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. Please consider that I am answering the question or question that is posed in your posting based upon my reading of your post and sometimes misunderstandings can occur. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.

There can also be a delay of an hour or more in between my answers because I may be helping other customers or taking a break.

PLEASE NOTE WELL: IF YOU CLICK OPT OUT I CANNOT REPLY TO YOUR FOLLOW UP QUESTIONS AND YOU MAY NEVER GET ANY REPLY OR IT WILL DELAY MY ABILITY TO REPLY TO YOU. Also, if you use RELIST, I MAY NOT SEE YOUR RESPONSE AND IT WILL DELAY YOUR REPLY.

You can always request me through my profile at http://www.justanswer.com/profile.aspx?PF=10285032&FID=39 or beginning your question with “For PaulMJD…”

YOU CAN ALSO GO TO http://www.justanswer.com/lp/19qy-PaulMJD and request me.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
What do you mean by a deferred sentence? Just to give you more info, I was convicted of burglary to a dwelling and sentence 9 months and served six. That was 15 years ago and I have had a clean record since.
A deferred sentence is when the court does not send the defendant to jail and states specifically the adjudication will be deferred (meaning nothing is entered) and then the defendant does probation period and they can then get it expunged. The deferred sentence goes on the record as guilty, but then is removed upon completion of probation. That does not seem to be what happened in your case and thus a pardon would be your only chance.