How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Samuel II Your Own Question
Samuel II
Samuel II, Attorney at Law
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 27011
Experience:  Handle criminal matters in both state and federal courts.
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Samuel II is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

can i file a restraining order against my parents-in-laws who

Resolved Question:

can i file a restraining order against my parents-in-laws who harbored our 15 year old son who runaway and this incident happened 2 years ago? My in-laws instructed the people who harbored our son here in California to keep him until their daughter and grandaughter arrived here in California to take our son to Washington state who was reported missing here in California and the authorities were looking for him and us where our runaway son was. My son is now 17 years old. We also have a 9 year old daughter that we need to protect from my in-laws, I'm afraid that they'll come and get her, too, someday God forbids. I suffered of depression because of this traumatic incident. The sheriff at Washington state picked up our son from the house of my parents-in-law when we found out that our son was taken to their house from California when our son called us where he was. My in-laws told the sheriff that our son is in their custody because we physically abuse our son which was fabricated by my in-laws to protect themselves. The Child and Protective Services in Washington State and California found no evidence of physical abuse and we were not charged of child abuse, thanks God, alleluhiah! But the malicious child abuse allegations and taking of our son from California to Washington were very devastating to me and it caused me a very deep depression and until now I'm still suffering from the traumatic incident that caused by my in-laws.
Submitted: 6 years ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Samuel II replied 6 years ago.



I am sorry to hear of this situation for your health and your family.


What is the status of this now? Where are your children? Do they have contact with your inlaws?

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
My children has no contact with my in-laws. My son was told by his doctor in pyschiatry department that he can't have any contact with my in-laws or the relatives of my husband involved in harboring my son because it's not good for his mental health and our family. I put my son in therapy as soon as we get home from Washington state after we picked him up from the protective services in Washinton Juvenile court because he was very much brainwashed by my in-laws against me and my husband. My in-laws promised him that he'll give him everything if my in-laws will adopt him. We are not giving up on our son to nobody. We are good parents and we live and die for our children. We'll fight until the end to get justice of what these people had done to our family.
Expert:  Samuel II replied 6 years ago.



Thank you for that information.


The answer to your question "Can I get a restraining order..." is NO, not at this time. The incident happened 2 or so years ago and there has been no contact or harassment currently.


They would need to be harassing you and causing you fear for your safety to get a restraining order


If you have further questions, you may post them here and i will continue to assist. Otherwise, even if you have a subscription with JA please remember to ACCEPT my answer as that is the only way I can get credit for my time and information in this matter. Thank you and good luck



Customer: replied 6 years ago.
If these people will have any contact with our son, can we file a restraining order? Our son is 17 years old now turning 18 next year on May, can we file a restraining order even whe he reached 18 years old?
Expert:  Samuel II replied 6 years ago.



Absolutely. IF they have contact and you feel they are a danger to his health and wellbeing, you can file on his behalf until he is 18


Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I don't subscribe with This is just a one time question.
Expert:  Samuel II replied 6 years ago.



That's fine. You need to hit Accept or I dont get credit for my time and information.


Samuel II and 4 other Criminal Law Specialists are ready to help you