How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Samuel II Your Own Question
Samuel II
Samuel II, Attorney at Law
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 27011
Experience:  Handle criminal matters in both state and federal courts.
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Samuel II is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

how do we transfer my brothers parole to a different county

Customer Question

how do we transfer my brothers parole to a different county so he has somewhere to live and work
Submitted: 6 years ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Samuel II replied 6 years ago.



You will need to have his current Parole Officer file for a transfer to the other county. You must be able to show that he has a better home plan and employment opportunity in the receiving county. It should not be a big deal as long as the receiving county has the manpower to have him as a parolee.




Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Thanks- He actually still in prison and will be released next month, so I don't think he has a parole officer yet assigned. Is there a way to find out so we can proceed?
Expert:  Samuel II replied 6 years ago.



Then you need to contact his case manager and present his home and employment plan to them and they may be able to arrange a release to that county directly. If not, then when he is released the new Officer will need the information.


He cannot be released without an approved home plan so what is he offering them now for approval?




Customer: replied 6 years ago.
That's the problem, he is assigned to Long Beach, and he needs to be in Hemet. The only people he knows in LB are the people he got into trouble with to begin with.

In Hemet, he will live with my aunt and uncle and my uncle has a job for him as soon as he is released.

I am afraid if he comes to LB, he won't ever make it to Hemet. His old LB parole officer was never available before he got into trouble this past time, and never got back to us about getting him out of LB.

Can we send the plan to his case manager while he is in to have it taken care of?
Expert:  Samuel II replied 6 years ago.



Yes. Contact the case manager and request that the home plan be approve for Hemet. It may be that he is mandated to be released initially into the community from where he came which never made any sense to me for the reasons you point out.


And if that is the case, then you need to get with his parole officer once assigned and have him moved.


But for now, contact the case manager and see what can be done before release




Samuel II and 3 other Criminal Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Expert:  Samuel II replied 6 years ago.



You're welcome and thank you. Good luck with everything