Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

Criminal Law

n 2004 my wife had me arrested saying that i threatened her

and also took out a...
n 2004 my wife had me arrested saying that i threatened her and also took out a no contact order for three years.in the first two years i probably went to court 12 times to try to resolve this ,but never went to a trial. i had a public defender. for the last 4 years nothing has happened.the 3 year no contact order and the unresolved trial still remain on my record haunting me every day.i am innocent of thrse charges and need a resolution.it's been seven years in hell.
12/3/2010
At this point the case has likely expired because of lack of prosecution and the statute of limitations and you will need to get a new attorney and you will need to get an attorney now and seek to get your record expunged and the case officially dismissed for lack of prosecution. The restraining order for only 3 years is also expired. However, to finally close the case, you need to get an attorney to actually go into court to file the motion to dismiss and expunge.

I hope you found my answer helpful, please click on the GREEN ACCEPT button above for my answer (EVEN IF YOU ARE A SUBSCRIPTION MEMBER). This is necessary for me to be paid for my work and so that I can get credit for assisting you. Your question will not close, and you will still have the opportunity to follow-up if needed. Leaving a bonus and positive feedback is not required, but doing so is certainly appreciated!

Please remember this is a dialog if you have follow up questions please use the REPLY button and ask. If you have additional questions, please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. Please consider that I am answering the question or question that is posed in your posting based upon my reading of your post and sometimes misunderstandings can occur. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.

There can also be a delay of an hour or more in between my answers because I may be helping other customers or taking a break.

PLEASE NOTE WELL: IF YOU CLICK OPT OUT I CANNOT REPLY TO YOUR FOLLOW UP QUESTIONS AND YOU MAY NEVER GET ANY REPLY OR IT WILL DELAY MY ABILITY TO REPLY TO YOU. Also, if you use RELIST, I MAY NOT SEE YOUR RESPONSE AND IT WILL DELAY YOUR REPLY.

You can always request me through my profile at http://www.justanswer.com/profile.aspx?PF=10285032&FID=39 or beginning your question with “For PaulMJD…”

YOU CAN ALSO GO TO http://www.justanswer.com/lp/19qy-PaulMJD and request me.

Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer