How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Samuel II Your Own Question
Samuel II
Samuel II, Attorney at Law
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 27011
Experience:  Handle criminal matters in both state and federal courts.
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Samuel II is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I was arrested in Soda Springs, Idaho for possession of marijuana.

Customer Question

I was arrested in Soda Springs, Idaho for possession of marijuana. i was charged with a misdemeanor. I received a letter telling me that i missed my bond hearing and that my bond was forfeited. The letter said that i need to respond within 180 days from August 4th. I live in Crown Point, Indiana. I need a public defender in idaho. Can you help me?
Submitted: 6 years ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Samuel II replied 6 years ago.


What is it you want help with exactly?

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
i talked with the court and they said either i appear in court or get a lawyer. i can not get back to idaho so i need a lawyer to represent me in the court on my bond forfeiture. the letter states that the court will the discharge the forfeiture of the cash bond.
Expert:  Samuel II replied 6 years ago.



I see. Well JA experts are prohibited from representing JA customers. So the only thing I can tell you is to contact the PD in the county where this has happened and see if they can represent you. Or you will need a private attorney and you can contact the Idaho Bar Association for a referral service. Here is that information



If you have further questions, you may post them here and i will continue to assist. Otherwise, even if you have a subscription with JA please remember to ACCEPT my answer as that is the only way I can get credit for my time and information in this matter. Thank you and good luck