How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Samuel II Your Own Question
Samuel II
Samuel II, Attorney at Law
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 27011
Experience:  Handle criminal matters in both state and federal courts.
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Samuel II is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My question for the day is, once a person is released from

Resolved Question:

My question for the day is, once a person is released from prison how long do tthey have to wait to transfer their probation to another state? from -Wisconsin moving to TN
Submitted: 6 years ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Samuel II replied 6 years ago.



This needs to be done via an Interstate Compact. This is where the Wisconsin agent contacts the Department of Probation in TN and requests the transfer. There is no amount of time one must be on probation before this can be requested. But the offender will want to have an employment and home plan in TN so when they investigate there is something sound to review



If you have further questions, you may post them here and i will continue to assist. Otherwise, even if you have a subscription with JA please remember to ACCEPT my answer as that is the only way I can get credit for my time and information in this matter. Thank you and good luck

Samuel II and 3 other Criminal Law Specialists are ready to help you