Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

Criminal Law

MY SON WHO IS 26 ACCEPTED TO MAKE 200.00 EXTRA CASH TO DRIVE

Customer Question
2 PEOPLE WHO WERE ILEGAL...
MY SON WHO IS 26 ACCEPTED TO MAKE 200.00 EXTRA CASH TO DRIVE 2 PEOPLE WHO WERE ILEGAL ALLIENS from San Diego to Santa Ana. WHEN THEY GOT THERE THE PERSON DID NOT HAVE MONEY TO PAY one of the 2 passangers instructed them to wait in a parking lot as there was someone on the way to bring them money. After about 2 hrs or so the police showed up they arrested everyone my son his girlfriend & the 2 passangers. It is belived the relatives of one of the passagers called the police to let them know the son was being held against his will. My son was arrested along with his girlfried they are out on bail 50K/son 20K/girlfriend they are to appear in count 12/27/2010 they are charged with human trafficing/kidnapping/false imprisionment. It appears that the kidnapping/false imprisionment charge is being dropped. My goal in this learn what the maximum sentense this crimes will carry and an educated estimate as to what the actual time sentence will be. She has absolutely no prior record of anything she is a single mom of 2 very young kids--- my son is on informal probation for a hit and run he was given 7 days community service and a fine in October of 2010. Please advise I would like the answer to come from someone who has current experince in defending this type of offenses preferably in Orange County.
Thank you,
Submitted: 6 years ago.Category: Criminal Law
12/2/2010
Criminal Lawyer: Alex J. Esq., Attorney at Law replied 6 years ago
Alex J. Esq.
Alex J. Esq., Attorney at Law
Hello. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be glad to help you.

Where did he drive them from?

Do they have a private criminal attorney?

Were they charged in state court or federal court?

Sorry I just paid 45.00 on line was that for you?

if so he drove from San Diego to Santa Ana (where he was arrested).

NO

State Court ( I am guessing) he is out on bail and is to go to court on 12/27.

All that info was in my question do you have it???

Thank you for your time.

Ok, the $45 dollars you pay, will only be credited to me if you accept my answer.

Do you know the exact charges your son and his g/f were charged with and the amount of bail?

His bail was 50K hers 20K

I think they are charging him with human trafficking, false imprisioment and kidnapping?

I just received a message saying my question had been open to all.

Please do not anwer me if you do not have experience in this type of case I need to have a real grasp as to what a maximun sentece this type of offense carries as well as what the best case scenerio might be??? my son and girlfriend realize as now how stupid it was to try to take a short cut to make xmas money but too late they know they will have to pay I jut want the punishment to fit the crime. 10 + seems so unrealistic for someone giving a ride even if they were ilegal, they were here in the united states.

Thank you,

Thank you,

Criminal Lawyer: Joseph, Criminal Defense Lawyer replied 6 years ago
Joseph
Joseph, Criminal Defense Lawyer

Based on your last post, it appears that you may be looking to work with a different expert. Additionally, your question has been sitting around for about 13 hours. Having practiced criminal law for over a decade, I would be happy to help.

Are you still looking for assistance?

Thank you.

I am an experienced criminal attorney and a former law enforcement officer and have dealt with these types of crime throughout my practice. I will be able to better answer your question if you can provide just with a few more details.

Did any anyone get hurt in this incident and were there are any weapons involved or in possession of your son or his g/f?

I am going off-line for the evening. Please feel free to respond, if necessary, and know that I will be back on-line tomorrow.

As the other expert has come back into the conversation, please let us know with whom you would like to proceed. I shall certainly respect your wishes, and I would expert the other expert would do the same.

Thank you for your patience and best of luck to you and your son either way!

I would like the reply to come from someone in Orange County who specializes in this type of case not some one totally out of the area or with a different specialization.
Ok, I will opt out and hopefully a California expert from Orange county can answer your question.
Thank you,
Thank you, Kindly.
Ely, Counselor at Law