How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Roger Your Own Question
Roger, Lawyer
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 31765
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Roger is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am considered the victim of a Domestic Violence case. I feel

Customer Question

I am considered the victim of a Domestic Violence case. I feel that the person has been wrongfully charged. I also feel I have been misrepresented by the DA's office and discriminated against due to the prejudices involved in these such cases. What can I do to help get the charges of Harassment and Domestic Violence dropped from my fiance's case?
Submitted: 6 years ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Roger replied 6 years ago.

The DA can still prosecute the case without you, although it is unlikely and will make things fairly impossible if you refuse to testify against him.


Usually, the prosecutor will not try to prosecute the case if the victim wants to drop the charges.