How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Samuel II Your Own Question
Samuel II
Samuel II, Attorney at Law
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 27011
Experience:  Handle criminal matters in both state and federal courts.
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Samuel II is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

i am one who got involved with a guy because i was in love

This answer was rated:

i am one who got involved with a guy because i was in love him. i was arrested for theft by taking, but i've never been in any kind of trouble ever in my life til i got involved with him. i'm scared, put it in gods hands because i was so stupid and blind also, pregnant and i want to be here for my kids, but i'm afraid of what the judge may say. i try not to think about it and i pray for it to go away as if it never happened. in my situation, with two kids to tend to, one just not too long born,what are my chances? what would be my outcome?



Are you wondering about getting custody of your children. Where are they now?

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
my kids are home with me. i don't wanna wind in the big house. i want to be with my kids. i know i made a mistake on a stupid decision, but nothing was found on me. i was responsible for keys that i sign for everyday and he got a holt to them.



Well the point is you need to show that you can provide for the children. If you have not been convicted, then there is nothing they can hold against you.


If you can show that you provide for the children then that is what will be important. You need to show your lifestyle and that of the children



Customer: replied 6 years ago.
well of course i am out of a job. the job actually gave me all my funds, which is running out now and i filed unemployment and they agreed to pay me that, so what does that mean? i am looking for another job at the moment.



If you are having problems providing for the children, then the court will consider that. It will always consider what is in the best interests of the children. However, it does not mean that if you lose custody you would not get visitation and then custody again once you got a job



Customer: replied 6 years ago.
oh no no no i live with my parents and they are wanting badly for anything. i took the necessary steps to take care of my children and that is assistance for right now. they are definitely not needy kids at all. they have lots of love and family. they have a roof over their heads, clothes on their backs, food in their mouths. i provide that with no hand outs from anyone. my pay is running short, but my unemployment will kick in in a week and they will have more. no one and i mean no one is taking my kids anywhere. i provide everything for them. i may not have much, but i do what i can with what i have to make them happy.



I see. Very good. I was only giving an answer to you comment that you had no job


As I said, if they are in a stable home, then you should have no problems



Customer: replied 6 years ago.
so a lawyer told me that i should have gone to court this summer and i didnt hear or receive anything in the mail about it. they still have my phone in evidence, but there is nothing on it but pictures, music videos, and music. i know what they're looking for, but its not on my phone. the person whom i was involved with plotted this situation i'm in now and he has priors on his record. someone showed me. the arresting detective says the judge has to adjudicate before i can get my phone back. is this normal to take this long to see what your outcome will be?



Are you now on the theft charges? How long ago were you charged? You had an arraignment, released on bond or your own recognizance?

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
i was released on bond. i was arrested march 29th



I see. Well, you should have heard something by now. You might want to consult with a Public Defender and see if that is possible. Of course, there is no statute of limitations now that you have been charged. So the state only needs to rush if you Motion for a Speedy Trial.


Customer: replied 6 years ago.
motion for a speedy trial i'm hoping charges have been dropped. lol! i want my life back to normal without this eating my concious up. i want to wake up every morning and see my kids and not have that on my mind off and on. you don't realize what to appreciate until something bad has happened. me, one who has never been in trouble, i have learned my lesson at being blind by love.



Alright. I see. Thank you for that information. Do you have another question?





Customer: replied 6 years ago.
goodmorning! how do i go about getting a public defender and do i just tell him to motion for a speedy trial?



You can go to the Public Defenders office in your county. They are usually located in the court house. But you can call the court house to see where that office is. Schedule an appointment, fill out the eligibility forms and then have then review this case. Find out why it has not proceeded. It may also be possible to file a Motion to Dismiss based on inactivity.



Customer: replied 6 years ago.
motion to dismiss, what's that? is it case dismissal?



Yes, as you stated previously, you hope the case was dismissed.



Samuel II and 3 other Criminal Law Specialists are ready to help you